Tis the season of pumpkin everythinggg, and I am totally okay with it :) Personally, I think pumpkin flavors and scents should get more lovin' throughout the entire year, but that's just me! So, because my pumpkin spice coffee isn't enough in the morning, here's a pumpkin spice oatmeal recipe to get the day started off right:
Total time: 5-7 minutes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (I used pumpkin pie spice in mine)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons natural peanut butter (optional)
1. In a small saucepan combine the milk, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and spice.
2. Bring to a small boil and add the oats.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the peanut butter (if using).
Finally, top with warm maple syrup and a few more spices! Delicious!